Please join Councilwoman Deni Taveras at an upcoming Budget and Listening Session alongside other associations. The session will take place Thu March 3rd at 7:00pm in the Langley Park Community Center (1500 Merrimac Drive Hyattsville, MD).
The purpose of this session is inform community members on the current budget details, updates funding to community projects and most importantly provide information on homeowners tax assessment.
Attached is a flyer for this event
I learned the following on February 9 about the status of the R3 / C8 bus service:
The service change date is March 27, 2016. Information about changes to the C8 and R3 is below. I also attached a map showing the R3 elimination and C8 alternative service.
C8 College Park-White Flint
· The first two weekday westbound trips leaving Glenmont Metrorail station at 6:30 AM and 7:00 AM will be extended to begin at College Park-U of MD Metrorail station.
· These trips will depart from the College Park-U of MD Metrorail station at 5:41 AM and 6:04 AM.
· These trips will arrive at Archives II at 5:53 AM and 6:18 AM.
R3 Greenbelt-Prince George’s Plaza
· Route R3 will be discontinued due to low ridership.
· See route C8 College Park-White Flint timetable for alternative service to Archives II.
· The University of Maryland’s Shuttle-UM service is also available as an alternative for the residents of College Park, Hyattsville and Greenbelt. Please contact the University of Maryland’s Department of Transportation Services for further information.
Bus Operations Specialist
Office of Bus Planning
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
600 5th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001